We are hiring: Social Media Manager
We are looking for a Social Media Manager for the European Platform for Democratic Elections (EPDE) in Berlin for an immediate start, who will strengthen our online presence and support our public relations work.
The responsibilities include
- Regular publishing of content for social media
- Editing short videos for our website and social media
- Further development of EPDE's social media (online community building)
- Management of social media and communication with followers
- Evaluation of our online presence
- Affinity to social networks and professional experience in online communication
- Very good command of English, confident expression and strong communication skills
- Good knowledge of Russian to research relevant content and communicate with partners
- Good knowledge of German for communication with the secretariat based in Berlin
- Knowledge of image processing
- Enthusiasm for democracy and events in our member countries
- Good knowledge of one or more languages of our member countries (e.g. Ukrainian)
- Experience with election observation and basic knowledge of relevant actors would be an advantage
- Knowledge of electoral law and democratisation processes in the member states
- Willingness to react to political events at short notice and to produce relevant media content
The position is to be filled as soon as possible. The place of work is Berlin, but for the right candidate working remotely can be taken into consideration. The number of hours is estimated at approx. 10 hours per week. Remuneration is on a fee basis. The cooperation is initially planned until 31 December 2019, with an extension planned.
If you are interested, please send your application with the usual documents, 2-3 relevant work samples, and your remuneration expectations in ONE pdf file (max. 5 MB) to:email@example.com by 17 November 2019.
The European Platform for Democratic Elections (EPDE) was set up in December 2012 in Warsaw through 13 independent European citizen election observation organizations. The following countries are represented by our members: Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Georgia, Lithuania, Moldova, Norway, Poland, Sweden, Ukraine. The EPDE secretariat is located in Berlin.
The aim of the EPDE is to support citizen election observation and to contribute to democratic election processes throughout Europe. EPDE improves the professional quality of its member organizations through peer-learning, tailored training and expert missions, and informs internationally about the findings of its member organizations.
The European Exchange (Europäischer Austausch gGmbH) was founded in Berlin in 2005 and has since been committed to promoting the democratic development of Europe and its neighbourhood and is the umbrella organization of the EPDE network.