Job vacancy: international advocacy for electoral integrity
The European Platform for Democratic Elections (EPDE) seeks an expert to conduct research and advocacy campaigns in support of EPDE’s work on the protection of electoral integrity. The job would include investigation of efforts to circumvent international good practice of election monitoring – namely through politically biased election observation.
The task of the expert includes
- establishing contacts to relevant stakeholders and journalists in the focus countries;
- conducting advocacy campaigns among and dialogue with parliaments in focus countries;
- screening of regulations on conduct of parliamentarians in different national European parliaments;
- coordinating with the EPDE secretariat.
- regional expertise in electoral integrity (EU, Eastern Neighborhood);
- language skills: fluent English, good Russian, further European languages of the focus countries;
- experience as a journalist/researcher with focus on politics, elections, Eastern Europe;
- experience in international election observation missions would be an advantage.
EPDE has been tracking efforts do damage electoral integrity Europe-wide over the past years. We have developed a database assisting journalists, NGOs, politicians, and experts to detect cases of politically biased election observation which is available here https://www.electoral-integrity.org/. The position will build upon and develop the work done in this field so far.
This position is to be filled for an immediate start and initial duration is foreseen until the end of the year with the possibility of an extension. The conditions for this position shall be regulated by a service contract. This is a remote job position.
Please state your remuneration expectations in your application to this position. Applications, consisting of a CV and a short motivation letter, can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. This job opening is active until it has been taken down from the EPDE website www.epde.org.