Job Opening: Program Manager
Program Manager (m/f/d), part-time (80-90%)
Application Deadline: 1 March 2024
The European Platform for Democratic Elections (EPDE) is looking for a Program Manager (m/f/d) to manage the EPDE network and supervise projects in the field of democracy promotion in the target regions of Eastern Europe and the EU.
The EPDE is a network of 16 independent European citizen election observation organizations. The EPDE secretariat is located in Berlin and is held by the European Exchange (Europäische Austausch gGmbH). EPDE aims to contribute to democratic electoral processes in its target region and to strengthen the resilience of democratic institutions against authoritarian influence.
- Management of the EPDE Secretariat, including staff responsibility for 6 colleagues
- Coordination with program partners, relevant experts, and political institutions in the implementation of joint projects
- Monitoring and reporting on project activities, including the preparation of narrative and financial reports
- Financial planning and ongoing financial controlling of program budgets in cooperation with the financial oversight officer
- Representing EPDE at public events
- Supporting the Executive Director in fundraising activities for the EPDE network, including the preparation of project proposals
- At least 5 years of work experience in project management and grant or budget administration, preferably in the non-profit sector
- At least 2 years of experience in personnel management
- Sound knowledge of political developments in Eastern Europe and the EU as well as the EU institutions
- Knowledge of election monitoring and civil society structures in the target regions is an advantage
- Readiness to travel abroad
- Experience with program management systems and methods (Kanban, Monday)
- Excellent English proficiency, and good knowledge of German and other European languages (e.g., Russian, Ukrainian) are desirable
- Ability to quickly familiarize yourself with new tasks and to work in a team, strong sense of commitment, reliability
What we offer:
- Plenty of scope to help shape new projects in a dynamic international network on urgent political topics
- Intercultural team, flexible and appreciative working environment across all European Exchange programs
- Loft office in Berlin-Kreuzberg with a phenomenal team
- Remuneration based on TVöD pay grade E13 (47.000-55.000 Euro – based on a 90% position)
The position is to be filled for an immediate start. The place of work is Berlin, Germany. The job will involve 32-36 hours per week. Remuneration will depend on the applicant's qualifications and is based on TVöD pay grade E13. The duration of this position is limited until 31.12.2025, an extension is envisioned beyond this duration, subject to funding.
How to apply:
Apply by 1 March 2024. Incoming applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and we reserve the right to conduct interviews before the application deadline. Please upload your application consisting of a letter of motivation, your CV, and references in ONE pdf file (max. 10 MB) here:
If you have any questions about this position, please contact the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The European Exchange (Europäische Austausch gGmbH) was founded in Berlin in 2005 and since then has been committed to the democratic development of Europe and its neighborhood. We are committed to pluralism, open societies, and respect for human and civil rights everywhere on our continent. Strong institutions, free elections, and the control of state action by citizens are basic prerequisites for this. The work of the European Exchange is supported by German federal ministries and the European Union.
The European Exchange promotes equal opportunities for applicants regardless of their race, skin color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any disabilities.
Further information and news can be found at www.european-exchange.org
We look forward to receiving your application!