Job Opening: Event Manager (April-December 2024)
Event Manager (m/f/d), part-time (50%)
Application Deadline: 20 February 2024
The European Platform for Democratic Elections is seeking a reliable event manager (m/f/d) from April until December 2024 to organize and coordinate a high-level international conference. This position is ideal for someone with 1-2 years of experience in event management, particularly with high-level conferences.
The EPDE is a network of 16 independent European citizen election observation organizations. The EPDE secretariat is located in Berlin and is held by the European Exchange (Europäische Austausch gGmbH). EPDE aims to contribute to democratic electoral processes in its target region and to strengthen the resilience of democratic institutions against authoritarian influence.
- preparation of a high-level international conference set to take place in November 2024 in Brussels, Belgium
- Ensure seamless coordination of all involved stakeholder groups
- Maintain clear and effective communication with internal teams, external contractors, and stakeholders
- Invitation of speakers and guest management
- Oversight over deadlines, scheduling of tasks in cooperation with the EPDE management, the communication department, and financial department
- You have 1-2 years of experience in event management, especially in conferences and/or political events
- You have a Bachelor or Master degree in a related field (political studies, international relations, area studies), advanced knowledge in (domestic) election observation is an asset
- You have excellent skills both in written and oral communication
- You are quality-oriented and strive for an accurate and reliable work performance
- You have a very good command of English; good knowledge of another European language (Ukrainian, Polish, Russian) is an asset
- You have the permission to work in Germany
- You can keep calm in a fast-paced and sometimes stressful event environment.
- You have experience in working with project/event management tools and methods (like Kanban, Monday, etc.) and usual Microsoft Office tools
What we offer:
- a very agile, diverse, international team and appreciative work environment
- Work space in our Berlin loft office close to the Landwehrkanal
- Fair salary on employment basis in accordance with TVÖD 10-11 depending on the level of education and experience
- Flat hierarchies and short communication channels
How to apply:
Please send in your application latest by 20 February 2024 (earlier applications will be considered before this deadline) via our online form and upload your CV, motivational letter, references in one pdf file: https://wsrdq71416d.typeform.com/to/goxv22XB
Contractor is the European Exchange (Europäischer Austausch gGmbH) which was founded in Berlin in 2005 and has since been committed to the democratic development of Europe and its neighborhood. We are committed to pluralism, open societies and respect for human and civil rights everywhere on our continent. Strong institutions, free elections and citizen control of government action are fundamental prerequisites for this. The work of the European Exchange is supported by German federal ministries and the European Union. The European Exchange holds the secretariat of the European Platform for Democratic Elections (EPDE).
The European Exchange is an equal opportunity employer regardless of applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or disability status.
If you have any questions about this position, please contact the following email address: email@example.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!