The European Platform for Democratic Elections (EPDE) seeks an international expert or a group of experts to conduct research based on its “Catalogue of Recommendations on Electoral Reform”, a database collecting recommendations issued by citizen observer organizations and EPDE members in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Moldova, and Ukraine as well as different citizen election observers groups in Russia with regard to elections observed since 2012.
EPDE is planning two studies based on this database on the following topics:
- Party and election campaign financing
- Freedom of speech (incl. hate speech and disinformation regulations)
In the two studies, one study on each of the above topics, the following should be analyzed:
- The existing situation in the target countries and how they compare to one another (including legislative gaps)
- Recommendations for legislative reforms made by citizen election observers as collected in EPDE’s database
The task of the expert/researcher includes
- Development of a publication / report with cross-country analysis on one of the above mentioned topics in EPDE countries using data from the recommendations database, election observation reports of EPDE member organizations, other citizen election observers (i.e. in Russia) and other relevant election related documents,
- Coordination with the EPDE secretariat which will be involved in the editing process of this study,
- Conduct of a public presentation in cooperation with the EPDE
These studies would represent a continuation of an existing series of publications based on EPDE’s database of recommendations. The first published study analyzed the legislative framework for election observation in EPDE countries.
Initial research is to be conducted before the end of this year and publication is planned for the beginning of 2020.
Please state your remuneration expectations in your proposal to this call. Proposals can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24.11.2019.